Spicy Italian Sausage & Penne Pasta
This happens to be a favorite dish of The Hubby. I like it because it’s not terribly complicated and it’s very filling. I think I got the original recipe idea off of a package of sausage at some point and then just geared it toward our tastes.
- 1 package hot italian sausage links
- Chicken broth
- green pepper
- spaghetti sauce
- mushrooms (I use canned ones)
- penne pasta
- Boil the brats to pre-cook them. Make sure that you season the chicken broth with salt, pepper and garlic
- Grill the brats (or fry them in a pan) and let them rest.
- Sweat the onion and green peppers.
- Cut the sausage up in bite sized pieces.
- Add the onions, green peppers, sausage and mushrooms to a pan with spaghetti sauce and heat until serving temperature.
- Using the chicken broth from the sausage, cook the penne pasta.
- Drain the pasta.
I like to add different types of bread to the dish. Sometimes we have garlic bread, garlic knots, french loaf bread etc.
If we have leftover sauce, I just freeze it and use it for spaghetti or lasagna the next time.
Peace, Love & Pasta
Hoosier Barn Chick